Infused Caramel Apples
When you’re hungry for a special but easy-to-make snack, caramel apples are the way to go. We use infused sugar and Swift’s caramels to give these apples an extra little kick. Keep reading to find out how to make infused caramel apples.
- 300mg of Left Handed’s infused sugar (this will be about 1/2 cup worth of sugar)
- 1 cup of regular sugar
- 60mg of Swifts’s sea salt caramels
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 4-6 apples of your choice
- 4-6 skewer sticks
- Oven mitt
- Pastry brush
- Parchment paper
- Thick bottomed pan with tall sides (thin bottomed pans will create hot spots that will burn your sugar)
- Make sure all your ingredients and materials are prepped beforehand because once the sugar starts to caramelize, the process moves very quickly
- Skewer the apples,
- Portion the butter
- Measure out the 1 cup of heavy cream
- Set aside the pastry brush, oven mitt, whisk and lay down the parchment paper
Now, let’s make some infused caramel apples!
- Make sure all your ingredients and materials are prepped beforehand because once the sugar starts to caramelize the process moves very quickly
- With the stove top turned off, pour all the sugar into the pan.
- Pour in the water. DO NOT MIX THE SUGAR AND WATER.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and let the sugar and water come to a boil. DO NOT MIX THE SUGAR AND WATER.
- If some of the sugar starts to bubble up the sides of the pan while boiling, take a clean pastry brush dipped in water and wipe it down.
- Once the sugar and water turns into a light, amber-gold color, be advised that the next steps happen very quickly.
- Swirl the pan gently to evenly distribute that amber-gold color.
- Keep swirling and cooking the mixture until it turns into a dark, reddish-brown color and starts to smoke a little bit.
- Once you start to see some smoke, immediately take it off the heat.
- Whisk in the heavy cream. Wear oven mitts for this step because the sugar will bubble when the cold cream hits it.
- Whisk in the butter bit by bit.
- Whisk in the Swifts caramels.
- Once you’re fully done blending the ingredients, dip the apples in.
- Set apples aside onto nonstick parchment paper to cool down and harden.
Products listed are available at Cinder locations: Cinder North, 6010 N Division St, Spokane, Wa 99208; Cinder Downtown, 927 W 2nd Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; and Cinder Valley, 1421 N Mullen Rd B, Spokane Valley, Wa 99206
This product has intoxicating effects and may be habit-forming. Which is to say, cannabis can impair concentration, coordination, and judgment. Therefore, do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug. Furthermore, there may be health risks associated with consumption of this product. For use only by adults twenty-one and older. To sum up, keep out of the reach of children.