How To Make Cannabis Butter
Cannabutter is very simple and easy to make. It does not require a lot of tending to but it is a lengthy process (about 4 hours at the least). Having cannabutter on hand is good because you can include it in many different recipes. Keep reading to find out how to make cannabis butter.
Cookie baking sheet
2 sticks butter
2 cups water
1/2 oz weed
Preheat oven to 220 degrees
Line crockpot with crockpot liner for easy cleanup
Now, let’s get to the part where we learn how to make cannabis butter!
- Grind up weed and spread it evenly onto the cookie sheet. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 1 hour at 220 degrees. Stir halfway through.
- Heating the weed like this is a process called “decarboxylation” which converts the chemical compound THCA (non-intoxicating) to THC (intoxicating) which will get you high.
- Once the weed is done decarboxylating, put it in your crockpot with the water and butter.
- Cook at low for 3 hours or for up to 24 hours.
- When the cannabis mixture is done cooking, strain it through a cheesecloth into your storage container. Squeeze out as much butter as you can with the rubber spatula.
- Set and let it cool in the fridge.
Now you know how to make cannabis butter!
Check out these links to watch us make cannabis butter or to get ideas on what you can do with your butter!
Products listed are available at Cinder locations: Cinder North, 6010 N Division St, Spokane, Wa 99208; Cinder Downtown, 927 W 2nd Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; and Cinder Valley, 1421 N Mullen Rd B, Spokane Valley, Wa 99206
This product has intoxicating effects and may be habit-forming. Which is to say, cannabis can impair concentration, coordination, and judgment. Therefore, do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug. Furthermore, there may be health risks associated with consumption of this product. For use only by adults twenty-one and older. To sum up, keep out of the reach of children.