Monday, February 18th, 2019 is President’s Day. To honor and celebrate the holiday, we at Cinder, Spokane’s premier cannabis retailer, have compiled a list of fascinating and, let us say obscure, Presidental fact.
Potent Potus Points
- President’s Day was established in 1885 to honor the birth of American’s OG president, George Washington.
- To this day, President’s day is referred to as “Washington’s Birthday” by the federal government.
- In addition to being a military general and a founding father of the United States of America, George Washington was rumored to be a farmer.
- William Henry Harrison had the shortest time in the office of any president; he tragically died 32 days after taking office. (William Henry Harrison died from a cold, caught while standing in the rain during his inauguration speech)
- William Henry Harrison was the 9th President of the United States. While his tenure was short, his grandson, Benjamin Harrison, would eventually become the United States 23rd Head of State.
- Some historians argue that President Benjamin Harrison named the cannabis strain “Presidental OG” after his dearly departed grandfather, William Henry Harrison. (Said historians are inaccurate) But Presidental OG prerolls from Liberty Reach are just $3.00
- Martin Van Buren was the 9th President of the United States and the only POTUS to which English was a second language. (Raised in a Dutch-speaking home, Buren learned English in school)
- In certain parts of Spokane Washington, the cannabis strain Dutch Treat is smoked on President’s Day to honor Martin Van Buren dutch heritage (These areas of Spokane are mostly located in my apartment)
- Cinder has Dutch Treat Cartridges from Nugreen for just $25.00 for a full gram and $15.00 for a half gram
- Harry S. Truman is the 33rd President of the United States. It is often misreported that Harry S. Truman’s middle initial does not stand for anything. In reality, the S in Harry S. Truman stands for sativa. Because Truman was blazing that shit 24/7. Especially Root Down’s Super Lemon Haze. With grams for $11.00 Eighths for $40.00 and Quarters for $70.00
- The S. in Harry S. Truman’s name, in fact, honored his two grandfathers, Anderson Shipp Truman, and Solomon Young.
- Obama Kush is named after the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama. (Fun Fact; Obama Kush was the original name for the Affordable Care Act) Obama Kush Live Resin from Kola Bear is only $35.00 a gram
Some of the presidential facts listed have been exaggerated or embellished. (or made up)
From February 14th (Valentine’s Day) to February 18th, (President’s Day) all top shelf flower is 20% off (Including Harry Sativa Truman’s favorite strain, Super Lemon Haze)
- Products listed are available at Cinder locations: Cinder North, 6010 N Division St, Spokane, Wa 99208; Cinder Downtown, 927 W 2nd Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; and Cinder Valley, 1421 N Mullen Rd B, Spokane Valley, Wa 99206
- This product has intoxicating effects and may be habit-forming. Cannabis can impair concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug. There may be health risks associated with consumption of this product. For use only by adults twenty-one and older. Keep out of the reach of children.
Article by Seth Pickens