It is that time of year again folks, 4/20. The stoners holiday, and quite possibly our favorite day of the year at Cinder, Spokane’s premier cannabis retailer.
To help ring in the ganja gathering, we have compiled a list of 4/20 facts.
- 4/20 is not a police code or a famous stoner birthday, but a secret term used by a group of high school students in the 1970’s. In San Rafael, Californa, a group of young men calling themselves the “Waldo’s” would meet up at a statue of Louis Pasteur, at 4:20 pm. The Waldo’s would then search for a mythical, abandoned crop of cannabis. At first, the Waldos would call for a “4:20 Louis” but eventually shortened the phrase to “4:20.”
- While Bob Marley was not born on 4/20, his son Stephen Marley was, 4/20/1972
- Speaking of birthday’s, 4/20 is also George Takei, Tim Curry, Jessica Lange, and Andy Serkis‘ day of birth.
- Cannabis and Hops are genetically related.
- In Colorado, a 420-mile maker was stolen so often that the transportation department had to make a 419-mile marker to curb the thievery.
- There is also a highway 420 in Louisana, amongst others.
- There are 4/20 celebrations all over the United States; with the Cannabis Cup in Sacramento, the National Cannabis Festival in Washington D.C, and maybe most famously, the Mile High 4/20 Festival in Denver.
- Most of the clocks in the film “Pulp Fiction” are set to 4:20.
- 4/20 does not technically exist in Europe, as Europeans write days like so, 20/4/2019.
- More Americans support the legalization of cannabis than ever, with numbers just over 60%.
- Products listed are available at Cinder locations: Cinder North, 6010 N Division St, Spokane, Wa 99208; Cinder Downtown, 927 W 2nd Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; and Cinder Valley, 1421 N Mullen Rd B, Spokane Valley, Wa 99206
- This product has intoxicating effects and may be habit-forming. Cannabis can impair concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug. There may be health risks associated with consumption of this product. For use only by adults twenty-one and older. Keep out of the reach of children.